In your Town
What's a Fair Trade Town and how does yours become one?
Towns/cities must work to complete six defined goals as per Fairtrade Canada's Fair Trade Towns campaign, they are:
- The local council uses Fair Trade Certified products and supports the Fair Trade Towns campaign.
- Stores & restaurants serve Fair Trade Certified products.
- Workplaces, faith groups, & schools use and promote Fair Trade Certified products.
- Public awareness events and media coverage held on Fair Trade and the campaign.
- A steering group created for continued commitment.
- Other ethical and sustainable initiatives promoted within the community.
For more information, please visit Fairtrade Canada's Fair Trade Towns campaign page