Fair Trade Vancouver is a non-profit organization that seeks to increase awareness, availability, and sales of Fair Trade products in Metro Vancouver.
By purchasing goods with the Fair Trade Certified logo, you support equality and contribute to empowering hardworking individuals and their families to build sustainable futures.
- To educate citizens of Metro Vancouver on how they can support people in the developing world by choosing Fair Trade in their everyday purchasing practices
- To increase the availability of Fair Trade products by working alongside Fair Trade retailers, distributors and suppliers
- To support and encourage businesses and organizations to adopt in-house Ethical Procurement policies that require Fair Trade products when available
- To assist campuses, towns, cities and municipalities to become Fair Trade universities and towns
- To have individuals, businesses, community and faith groups to commit to Fair Trade sourcing
- To lead a nationwide effort to increase the availability and prominence of Fair Trade in Canada
- An independent volunteer-based organization
- Not in the business of selling Fair Trade products
- Not a certifier of fair trade products